We are all living in what we could call right now a post-GLORY hangover, as GLORY 12 is in the books and we've had a few divisions shaken to their very core as a result. It wasn't much different from GLORY 11 where Rico Verhoeven shook up the Heavyweight division, it just happened within two divisions in one night; Lightweight and Middleweight. So here are some various news and notes from the event;
- -- Giorgio Petrosyan broke his left hand in the first round against Andy Ristie. Petrosyan's left hand has long plagued his career and been his one real weakness. Without taking anything away from Andy Ristie, without the ability to properly block with his left hand Petrosyan was in a precarious spot against a heavy-hitter like Andy Ristie.
- -- Spike TV has been pushing for GLORY to do more events in New York after GLORY 12. Word is that the walk-up ticket sales for GLORY 12 were substantial and that Spike TV is urging for less international events on tape delay from GLORY and more live events from strong areas. Expect up to three events in New York in 2014 if all goes according to plan.
- -- March 8th in Croatia seems to be a done deal, with Orsat Zovko (Mirko Cro Cop's manager and promoter of Final Fight and the K-1 World Grand Prix this year) as GLORY's co-promoter. This, of course means the long-standing rumors of Mirko Cro Cop vs. Remy Bonjasky are true as Zovko has finally announced that fight. This fight will most likely be serving as Remy Bonjasky's retirement fight.
- -- Hats off to Andy Ristie who had some troubles within his camp leading into GLORY 12, including a rift with his longtime trainer, Lucien Carbin, as well as a few nagging injuries. He really made the best of a bad situation.
- -- Ben Edwards had a myriad of troubles leading into the event as well, namely with getting a visa for the United States. He arrived later on in the week than he would have liked to due to this, then on arrival had his luggage lost, which meant he had to find all new gear. Jhonata Diniz was wearing Chicago Bulls basketball shorts on the undercard due to having his luggage lost as well.
- -- Spike TV displayed a quote hyping up the event from the site and attributed it to "Liver Shot." This is my cross to bear.