Slamm held their last big event, Slamm!! Soema Na Basi IV yesterday in Suriname which featured a few fights of note, with the biggest being the main event between Slamm's Ismael Londt and Romania's Benjamin Adegbuyi. Adegbuyi has really burst onto the scene over the last few years, fighting some really legitimate competition and holding his own. This fight was no different, as this was arguably one of the biggest fights of his young career. Adegbuyi was the aggressor throughout the fight, landing a hard shot in the first round that had Londt reeling but the referee didn't count as a down. The third round was the real deciding factor, as a left hook sent Londt crashing to the canvas, proving to be the biggest shot of the fight. Londt fought hard, though, and was able to get up, but not able to score any significant blows before the fight ended.
The big win for Adegbuyi helps to propel his career even further now, with a win over a top ten Heavyweight. Here are more results from the event, courtesy of the MixFight forums.
1. A +95 kg 3x3 Ismael “Mr. Pain” Londt (Suriname) vs Benny Adegbuyi (Roemenië) WOP
2. MMA Pro 75 kg Victor “Tigri” Kuku (Angola) WOP vs Djamil Chan (China/Suriname)
3. A 70 kg 3x3 Cedric Manhoef (Suriname) WOP vs Mika Tahitu (Molukken)
4. A 82,5 kg 3x3 Darryl Sichtman (Suriname) WOP vs Fernando Groenhart (Nederland)
5. A 95 Kg 3x3 Dangelo Marshall (Suriname) WOP vs Nedd Evan (Aruba)
6. C 78 Kg 3x3 Valentino Brunswijk (Suriname) vs Marciano Bhoegwandas (Suriname) WOP