SuperKombat held their final event of the year today in Italy in an event that mixed together MMA and kickboxing like we've been seeing for a long time now. The highlight of the MMA portion was the debut of Raul Catinas in MMA against Janusz Dylewski. Dylewski's record was, well, not good heading into this fight and he lost to Catinas as expected in the first round.
The kickboxing fights were exciting, your usual SuperKombat fare up until the main event. My god, what a cluster. Maurice Jackson is, for all intents and purposes, a complete fraud. The two times we've seen him fight this year have been in GLORY against Xavier Vigney and now against Morosanu and in both fights he showed zero skill, ability or defense. Simply hit Jackson and he's down. That is not a man who went into this year at 31-0-0, I don't care what ruleset he is claiming to have competed on. I'm 400-0-0 against my heavybag in my garage, maybe I should get a shot?
Jackson was disqualified (even though Morosanu hit him after the ref called the fight, but whatever, did the ref call the fight? Who knows) and fired right there in the ring. I'm not kidding. They fired him while he was turtled up in a ball on the mat complaining about being hit. I think he was complaining about being hit? This was just embarrassing. SuperKombat has brought in a good deal of Americans to their shows, some are out of shape, some are old, some are lacking in experience, but they all were established fighters who knew what it felt like to be hit and had some fight in them. Jackson had none of this.
Results via Kiksie.
1. Super Fight - Light Heavyweight bout (-81 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Adrian Mitu (Romania) def. Stylianos Parathirakis (Greece) by TKO in Round 1
2. Super Fight - Middleweight bout (-71 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Amansio Paraschiv (Romania) def. Alkid Farruku (Morocco) by KO in Round 1
3. Super Fight - Super Cruiserweight bout (-95 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Lucian Danilencu (Romania) def. Bilel Messaoudi (France) by KO in Round 1
4. Super Fight - Light Heavyweight (-81 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Bogdan Nastase (Romania) def. Tudor Turcan (Rep. Moldova) by KO in Round 1
5. Super Fight - Light Heavyweight plus (-86 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Alexandru Negrea (Romania) def. Imanol Rodriguez (Spain)
6. Super Fight - Light Heavyweight Plus bout (-84 kg) - MMA rules (3 rounds x 5 minutes)
Robert Bryczek (Poland) def. Alexander Bergmann (Sweden) by KO in Round 1
7. Super Fight - Light Heavyweight Plus bout (-84 kg) - MMA rules (3 rounds x 5 minutes)
Ion Pascu (Romania) def. Ivan Brguljan (Croatia) by TKO in Round 1
8. Super Fight - Cruiserweight bout (-92 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Bogdan Stoica (Romania) def. Damian Garcia (Spain) by KO in Round 2
9. Super Fight — Welterweight bout (-66 kg) — MMA rules (3 rounds x 5 minutes)
Maja Britvic (Croatia) 65.3 kg vs Cristiana Stancu (Romania) 66.3 kg
10. Super Fight - Heavyweight bout (+96 kg) - MMA rules (3 rounds x 5 minutes)
Raul Catinas (Romania) def. Janusz Dylewski (Poland) by Submission in Round 1
11. Super Fight - Heavyweight bout (+96 kg) - SK Rules (3 rounds x 3 minutes)
Catalin Morosanu (Romania) def. Maurice Jackson (USA) by Jackson being fired in Round 1.