This is where things are for Kickboxers who want to compete in Japan and get paid by their sponsors with K-1 still not 100% up and running, in a professional wrestling ring. On August 27th there was an unprecedented number of K-1 fighters participating in professional wrestling in Antonio Inoki's IGF promotion. Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima, Ray Sefo, Jerome Le Banner and yes, Mr. K-1, Peter Aerts. Le Banner is currently the big star of IGF, serving as Antonio Inoki's Champion, he was originally slated to defend his title against Josh Barnett, but Barnett was forced to pull out due to scheduling difficulties with his fight in Strikeforce, so Kazuyoshi Fujita stepped in for him. Peter Aerts 'fought' former sumo wrestler Shinnichi Suzukawa and brutalized him until the referee stopped the match. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament
- Card for Enfusion #25 on March 14th
- SuperKombat Releases Card for March 7th 5th Anniversary Event