This is where things are for Kickboxers who want to compete in Japan and get paid by their sponsors with K-1 still not 100% up and running, in a professional wrestling ring. On August 27th there was an unprecedented number of K-1 fighters participating in professional wrestling in Antonio Inoki's IGF promotion. Yuichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima, Ray Sefo, Jerome Le Banner and yes, Mr. K-1, Peter Aerts. Le Banner is currently the big star of IGF, serving as Antonio Inoki's Champion, he was originally slated to defend his title against Josh Barnett, but Barnett was forced to pull out due to scheduling difficulties with his fight in Strikeforce, so Kazuyoshi Fujita stepped in for him. Peter Aerts 'fought' former sumo wrestler Shinnichi Suzukawa and brutalized him until the referee stopped the match. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19