If you were one of the people who saw the January 11th K-1 event, which serves as one half of the K-1 World MAX Final 8, and were a bit disappointed by it, K-1's announcement today makes up for that tenfold. Today K-1 held a press conference in China to announce the K-1 World MAX 2013 Quarter Final event in Foshan, China which takes place on December 28th. The event will air live on Hunan TV in China as well as across the globe via Epicentre.tv (like last time).
While the card for the January 11th event might be a bit threadbare to the untrained eye, this event is pretty stacked with some big names on the card. Here is the full card;
- K-1 World MAX Final 8: Buakaw Banchamek vs. Zhou Zhi Peng
- K-1 World MAX Final 8: Andy Souwer vs. Enriko Kehl
- Kong Hong Xing (China) vs. Saenchai (Thailand)
- Li Ning (China) vs. Sutin (Thailand)
- Han Kai Hu (China) vs. Chengrob (Thailand)
- Zhang Kai Yin (China) vs. Rachen (Thailand)
- Xie Lei (China) vs. Pasol (Philippines)
Saenchai is another huge win for K-1, especially after signing Buakaw Banchamek a few months ago, with this whole China show being a win. It is being viewed as the beginning of a new era for K-1 as they are looking to potentially make China their new home for their big events.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament
- Card for Enfusion #25 on March 14th
- SuperKombat Releases Card for March 7th 5th Anniversary Event