The K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16 is rapidly approaching, going down on September 14th in Palma de Mallorca, Spain with a few big names tacked onto tournament and qualifying bout winners from this year. It makes for an interesting yet odd blend of names, which have now been put into fights! We've been waiting for these, so it is nice to see them laid out finally. The big match-ups are Andy Souwer vs. Yasuhiro Kid, Mike Zambidis vs. Elam Ngor and Buakaw Banchamek vs. David Calvo, but there are some interesting fights on there as well like Henri Van Opstal vs. Enriko Kehl.
So, let's get on with it already, right?
- Andy Souwer (NLD) vs. Yasuhiro Kido (JAP)
- Buakaw Banchamek (THA) vs. David Calvo (SPA)
- Shane Campbell (CAN) vs. Wallace Lopez (BRA)
- Lee Sung-Hyun (KOR) vs. Francois Alexande (FRA)
- Zhou Zhi-Peng (CHN) vs. Joey Pagliuso (USA)
- Maximo Suarez (ESP) vs. Miodrag Olar (ROU)
- Henri Van Opstal (NLD) vs. Enriko Kehl (DEU)
- Mike Zambidis (GRC) vs. Elam Ngor (ESP)
LiverKick will be hosting the internet PPV for the K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 16, so you won't even have to leave your favorite Kickboxing site to watch the event! Stay tuned for more details shortly.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.