Mike Zambidis, better known as Zambo, is probably one of the most exciting fighters in K-1 history and it looks like he'll be making his return to the K-1 ring in September in Mallorca, Spain as a part of the Final 16 event.
Zambo was originally announced for the event over the summer but then reports surfaced that Zambidis would not be participating after all. So this comes as a bit of a surprise, but a good surprise at that, especially after Abraham Roqueni pulled out, citing issues with the event promoter, Street Culture. Zambidis makes for a fine addition to the K-1 World MAX tournament, joining K-1 veterans like Buakaw Banchamek, Andy Souwer and Yasuhiro Kido as well as a host of younger fighters as well.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Rough Footage From Peter Aerts vs. Ernesto Hoost From K-Energy Event
- VIDEO: Artur Kyshenko vs. Radoslaw Paczuski
- Photo of the Day: Aerts and Hoost Stare Down
- Badr Hari Getting Mystery Opponent for GFC 4, Quateron Not Conducive to 'Family Environment'
- Badr Hari Rumor to Have Pulled Out of GFC 4 Fight with Patrice Quateron