Mike Zambidis, better known as Zambo, is probably one of the most exciting fighters in K-1 history and it looks like he'll be making his return to the K-1 ring in September in Mallorca, Spain as a part of the Final 16 event.
Zambo was originally announced for the event over the summer but then reports surfaced that Zambidis would not be participating after all. So this comes as a bit of a surprise, but a good surprise at that, especially after Abraham Roqueni pulled out, citing issues with the event promoter, Street Culture. Zambidis makes for a fine addition to the K-1 World MAX tournament, joining K-1 veterans like Buakaw Banchamek, Andy Souwer and Yasuhiro Kido as well as a host of younger fighters as well.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Jo Nattawut Filling in for Fabio Pinca at Lion Fight 19 Tonight
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd
- Josh Jauncey Still Self-Critical After GLORY 18 Win