I feel like this is one of those stories that makes everyone scratch their heads in unison; Badr Hari was on performance enhancing drugs (PEDs). It feels like one of those, "well, duh" situations, as most of us have noted that Badr Hari has been huge at times, but reports of him in prison were of him at under 80kgs. Badr was at one time a skinny guy, small and wiry, before he became the beast that he is today.
According to Crimesite.nl, the Dutch police went into his home to look for evidence against him in his upcoming court case about the mistreatment of Everink Koen, when they discovered a few performance enhancing drugs. What exactly were these drugs? The steroid Anapolon, estrogen blocker Tamoxifen and lastly Gentropin, or injectable Human Growth Hormone (HGH). While sure, this is not really illegal, it is proof that Badr Hari has used performance enhancing drugs and that he most likely is on them again.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Video: Andy Souwer vs Hideya Tanaka
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Interview with the Glory heavyweight challenger and the SuperKombat's franchise, Benny Adegbuyi
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament