Now this is kind of a bummer right here. Jorina Baars, holder of the Lion Fight Women's Welterweight Championship was set to defender her championship against Anke Van Gestel at Lion Fight 18 this weekend when things fell through this week. According to reports, Baars and Lion Fight had a last-minute contract negotiation and were unable to come to an agreement in time for the fight this weekend, with both sides probably walking away pretty unhappy about this last-minute change to the card.
Jorina Baars was last seen annihilating Cris Cyborg Justino in March.
Lion Fight 18 takes place on Friday at 10pm on AXS TV.
No Fight for me this friday :( pic.twitter.com/hTtDJbMYJQ— Jorina Baars (@JorinaBaars) September 1, 2014
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Fight Card for Lion Fight 23
- Reece McAllister Victorious in Top King Tournament, Buakaw Loses Decision
- Top King 4 Finals in Hong Kong Featuring Buakaw Banchamek on July 28th
- Press Release: Mixed Striking Championship Live on GFL.tv on July 25th
- Liam Harrison vs. Singdam Kiatmoo9 Scheduled for Yokkao 15