So, muay thai. Muay Thai is a sport that is widely respected the world over for demonstrating some of the best fighting technique and skill, as well as being one of the most exciting sports in the world. Muay Thai has spread throughout the entire world and has taken on a life of its own in different nations, gaining popularity in places like the United Kingdom, Australia and the United States.
Of course, not everything muay thai is high level. There are some places in Thailand that like to take advantage of the national sport and lure in tourists with ridiculous spectacles. This video is just that. This video is from the Reggae Bar in Koh Phi Phi that is best known for letting tourists step into the ring for free booze or food. As you can see, this is not what you'd expect at Lumpinee or Rajadamnern. Trash can lids are definitely not a part of your standard muay thai fight.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- September 2016 LiverKick Rankings Update: Featherweight In Chaos
- Nieky Holzken vs. Murthel Groenhart Headlining GLORY 34 Denver
- GLORY Release Card for Stacked GLORY 35: Sitthichai vs. Marat, Vakhitov vs. Mwekassa and More
- SuperKombat Releases Full Card For Oct. 1 Event, Featuring Ngimbi vs. Paraschiv Title Fight
- Yokkao Searching For An American Fighter For Yokkao 21 - 22 in Hong Kong