The world of kickboxing has a rich history to fall back upon so we here at LiverKick figure, why not? Why not give a glimpse into some of the fights from the past that have made up this wonderful sport and tie it all in to the present. The kids on the Instagram and Twitter like to call Thursdays "Throwback Thursdays," I'm just going to say that this is a LiverKick Throwback.
Today we are only back four years to when Giorgio Petrosyan was dominating the K-1 MAX scene. This fight between Gago Drago and Su Hwan Lee was part of the 2010 K-1 MAX final 16. Drago was still competing with the top guys at the 70 kgs (154 lbs) weight class at this point but after this fight he defeated Mohammed Khamal in the quarter finals then lost a decision to Yoshihiro Sato in the semi's which started his 8 fight and 2 year losing spree. Drago was always had one of the most exciting styles in the K-1 MAX, not the most technical or intelligent, but always going for the KO and fighting hard, that's without mentioning his amazing entrances.
Su Hwan Lee had fought some good names already like Artur Kyshenko or Albert Kraus for example, but he always came up short against the elite level fighters. He's a south paw with technical ability to do well he just always seemed to get caught and knocked outy by the more experienced fighters.
Latest from Jay Jauncey
- GLORY Release Card for Stacked GLORY 35: Sitthichai vs. Marat, Vakhitov vs. Mwekassa and More
- SuperKombat Releases Full Card For Oct. 1 Event, Featuring Ngimbi vs. Paraschiv Title Fight
- Yokkao Searching For An American Fighter For Yokkao 21 - 22 in Hong Kong
- Lion Fight 32 Returns To Las Vegas With Malaipet vs. Hollenbeck
- Watch Benjamin Adegbuyi's Latest Execution From ACB 7