I feel like the world of fight sports has been afflicted with some really, really awful press of late. Right now there is just so much negative press out there, a lot of it based around the whole War Machine/Christy Mack story that just won't go away. So I'm happy to see that Romanian kickboxing promotion SuperKombat is actually doing something positive, they are giving back to their community. Two weeks ago there was flooding in Valcea County in Romania. This flooding affected many of the over 400,000 residents there.
Valcea County was the first place where SuperKombat held an event in 2011 and they looked to give back yesterday when staff members and fighters took part in a humanitarian effort to deliver food, drinking water and clothing to those who were affected by the flooding. Residents are still recovering from the floods and it's nice to see a promotion like SuperKombat giving back.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- September 2016 LiverKick Rankings Update: Featherweight In Chaos
- Nieky Holzken vs. Murthel Groenhart Headlining GLORY 34 Denver
- GLORY Release Card for Stacked GLORY 35: Sitthichai vs. Marat, Vakhitov vs. Mwekassa and More
- SuperKombat Releases Full Card For Oct. 1 Event, Featuring Ngimbi vs. Paraschiv Title Fight
- Yokkao Searching For An American Fighter For Yokkao 21 - 22 in Hong Kong