Shane Oblonksy will be entering the Glory ring for the first time on June 21st to fight for the the featherweight contender belt. Not only will this be Oblonsky's first time in the Glory ring, but also his first tournament. He is coming into this four man tournament as one of the least experienced with 8 wins and 2 losses as a professional. He did beat Malaipet Sasiprapa who has over 179 fights in March of this year, which shows he can deal with crafty veterans. Oblonsky's first fight will be against the Brazilian Marcus Vinicius. Their professional records are almost identical but Vinicius has been on the Glory stage before against the very dangerous and #1 ranked Mosab Amrani where he lost by decision.
Oblonsky has shown he has big power for this weight class, so aslong as the Californian does not let the pressure of the big stage get to him and does not get too wild, i feel he can give any of Glory's featherweights a great fight.
Latest from Jay Jauncey
- SuperKombat May 23rd Results
- Mike Zambidis Announces His Retirement Fight is Against Steve Moxon
- Chad '2Slick' Sugden: Ahead of His Time
- The New Official Badr Hari Documentary Gets Inside of the Bad Boy's Head
- Jason Andrada Dishes on Rematches, Lion Fight 22 and how Kevin Ross is the Keanu Reeves of Muay Thai