So if most people were betting on someone failing a drug test going into UFC 175 between Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen, the smart money was on Vitor. So consider the shock today when it turns out that Chael Sonnen has failed a random drug test by the NSAC and will be pulled from UFC 175.
According to ESPN he was tested randomly last month at a UFC press event where he tested positive for two banned substances, Anastrozole and Clomiphene. He will most likely receive a suspension and will not appeal that suspension. He is supposed to address the media later on today and we'll keep you posted on that.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, launches on March 24th.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Bill Goldberg Claims He Turned Down a Fight with Alberto Del Rio
- A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words: Bill Goldberg in Front of a GLORY Logo
- 2011 Fighter of the Year Peneak Sitnumnoi Joins the Evolve MMA Fight Team
- Pornsaneh Sitmonchai the Latest Muay Thai Legend to Join Evolve MMA
- Bill Goldberg in Talks with GLORY. Why Not?