This has probably been the worst-kept secret in recent Kickboxing history, but it is now [somewhat] official; Jarrell Miller will finally get his rematch against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic at GLORY 17. The two met in 2013 in the K-1 World Grand Prix tournament in Croatia where Cro Cop was given a suspect judges decision after Miller roughed up the PRIDE, K-1 and UFC legend in his hometown. Cro Cop went on to win the tournament, but to many fans, there was a bad taste in their mouth over the victory.
Miller has since then been focused on his Boxing career, where he remains undefeated and seen as a top prospect. He's worked with everyone from the Klitschkos to the Money Team and is building up quite a reputation for himself. This is the opportunity that he's been waiting for to return to Kickboxing and should be an interesting fight.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Interview with the Glory heavyweight challenger and the SuperKombat's franchise, Benny Adegbuyi
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament
- Card for Enfusion #25 on March 14th