GLORY 13 has really been shaping up for being the card of the year thus far, with big fights from Peter Aerts, Remy Bonjasky, Daniel Ghita, etc. I mean, there is just so much going on for GLORY 13 as it is and they went and just made it a bigger deal with two new fights signed for the event. Those fights, you might ask (and neglected to read the headline)?
- Hesdy Gerges vs. Ewerton Teixeira
- Mosab Amrani vs. Yuta Kubo
First thing is first, this marks the return of Brazilian K-1 star Ewerton Teixeira who has not been seen in a Kickboxing ring since the K-1 World Grand Prix 2010. For a lot of fans they might see him as a more conservative fighter, or the guy that guy kneed to death by Alistair Overeem, but Teixeira is an incredibly skilled fighter and a great name to have involved in their Heavyweight division. A fight against Gerges is a perfect test for him. The bout between Amrani and Kubo will prove to be an important fight for the 65kg division as Kubo won the GLORY 65kg tournament this year, while Amrani lost to the runner up, Masaaki Noiri.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- It's Time for the Smaller Weight Classes to Shine
- Video: Andy Souwer vs Hideya Tanaka
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Interview with the Glory heavyweight challenger and the SuperKombat's franchise, Benny Adegbuyi