Right in line with the rumors that we've been hearing, GLORY will be heading back to Japan for the end of the year once again, this time instead of on New Year's Eve it will be on December 21st at the Ariake Colosseum in a night featuring a Welterweight/77kg tournament. The only name announced for the tournament this so far is longtime Golden Glory member Nieky Holzken, who sits atop the GLORY rankings at 77kg/170lbs currently.
If I were to wager a guess as to who else will be involved, I'd look at GLORY 10's undercard fight between Alexander Stetsurenko and Karapet Karapetyan and GLORY 11's Joe Valtellini vs. Kharim Ghajji to complete the tournament spots, but that is just a [very] educated guess on my part. They also will be booking a series of Super Fights, for what they are calling a "SuperFight Series," which does make me curious as to what that exactly means. Once again, if I were to guess, I'd say that it had something to do with Spike TV.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- It's Time for the Smaller Weight Classes to Shine
- Video: Andy Souwer vs Hideya Tanaka
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Interview with the Glory heavyweight challenger and the SuperKombat's franchise, Benny Adegbuyi