GLORY is planning something big for their Spike TV debut. Originally the bout which was set for the fall was Semmy Schilt vs. Gokhan Saki, with Saki challenging for Schilt's Heavyweight Championship, but as we now know, Schilt showing up is a long shot at best. Glory have been pushing for Schilt to continue fighting, but with Bas Rutten's announcement on Monday it seems like everyone is admitting that Semmy Schilt is probably not going to continue fighting.
The rumored headlining bout for the GLORY Spike TV debut is none other than Gokhan Saki against Tyrone Spong, which makes a lot of sense as both men are more popular among American audiences and are the top fighters in Glory's rankings (of course Daniel Ghita sits in between them, but it happens). Tyrone Spong was the headliner for GLORY's American debut in New York City, winning the Light Heavyweight Slam tournament.
The two met in 2009 in K-1, with Gokhan Saki defeating Spong via TKO in an Extension Round.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- September 2016 LiverKick Rankings Update: Featherweight In Chaos
- Nieky Holzken vs. Murthel Groenhart Headlining GLORY 34 Denver
- GLORY Release Card for Stacked GLORY 35: Sitthichai vs. Marat, Vakhitov vs. Mwekassa and More
- SuperKombat Releases Full Card For Oct. 1 Event, Featuring Ngimbi vs. Paraschiv Title Fight
- Yokkao Searching For An American Fighter For Yokkao 21 - 22 in Hong Kong