UFC's International Fight Week is set for the first week in July, culminating with two, back-to-back events on the weekend. The whole week promises to be full of UFC-related events, but what is interesting is that today Lion Fight announced that Lion Fight 16 would take place on July 4th in Las Vegas as an official part of UFC's International Fight Week. The event will happen at the Pearl at the Palms and have the UFC's official endorsement, meaning that it will be a part of UFC's International Fight Week in a big way.
The event is set to be headlined by Kevin Ross vs. Michael Thompson for Lion Fight's Super Lightweight Championship. Tiffany Van Soest will be the co-main event of the evening with her opponent to be announced in the near future, it will also see Rungravee Sasiprasa make his debut. The event will be broadcast on AXS TV, per usual.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Hesdy Gerges Sentenced to Five Years in Prison on 2011 Cocaine Smuggling Case
- Jo Nattawut Filling in for Fabio Pinca at Lion Fight 19 Tonight
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd