Without a doubt the loss of Ramon Dekkers earlier this year was a big loss for the fight world. Dekkers was really one of the first non-Thai to make waves in Thailand like he did and is still considered by some to be ones of the best foreigners to ever compete in Thailand. That is a pretty big deal considering how huge of a deal Muay Thai is in Thailand and some of the names that have gone through Thailand over the years.
Golden Glory TV is putting together a documentary on Ramon Dekkers, which will include some interviews with his friends and fellow fighters. This clip that was released this weekend shows part of an interview with Bas Rutten who gets rather emotional about his home country of the Netherlands neglecting to respect Ramon Dekkers after his passing, virtually ignoring him.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Hesdy Gerges Sentenced to Five Years in Prison on 2011 Cocaine Smuggling Case
- Jo Nattawut Filling in for Fabio Pinca at Lion Fight 19 Tonight
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd