Muay Thai and Kickboxing living legend John Wayne Parr not only picked up an impressive recent win inside of a cage wearing MMA gloves, but he's apparently been tapped to head to Montreal to train with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre, helping GSP prepare for his upcoming title bout against Johny Hendricks. This also means that we'll see John Wayne Parr cageside at UFC 167 to help corner Georges St. Pierre.
Here is the statement from JWP via his Facebook today.
"Received another email off Firas, looks like I am going to Tristar in Canada early August for 2 weeks for the sole purpose of training George St Pierre with his striking. The best part is the boys will be flying me to Vegas to be part of the corner in November when GSP takes on Johnny Hendricks.
This is without doubt the biggest opportunity of my life. Thank you Firas & GSP!"
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament
- Card for Enfusion #25 on March 14th
- SuperKombat Releases Card for March 7th 5th Anniversary Event