Eddie Walker's name is one that has been kicked around a bunch recently, in regards to his signing with K-1. Sadly for him and his fans, the fight that was in the works for this upcoming weekend never came to fruition and Walker had to wait to make his K-1 debut. It looks like instead, he'll be the opponent that Lion Fights has selected to face Joe "Stich 'em Up" Schilling on October 13th. Schilling has long been the headliner for this card, but Lion Fights had a problem finding a suitable opponent for him. Walker, who fights at Cruiserweight, will make for a good opponent for Schilling.
For US Muay Thai and Kickboxing this is a pretty big deal of a fight, as Schilling has built his name up on the West coast while Walker has built his name up on the East coast. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Legacy Kickboxing 2 This Friday on AXS TV
- SuperKombat May 23rd Results
- Mike Zambidis Announces His Retirement Fight is Against Steve Moxon
- The New Official Badr Hari Documentary Gets Inside of the Bad Boy's Head
- Jason Andrada Dishes on Rematches, Lion Fight 22 and how Kevin Ross is the Keanu Reeves of Muay Thai