The artist formerly known as Buakaw Por Pramuk, now known as Buakaw Banchamek but is really Sombat Banchamek has been cleared for his upcoming fight on April 17th at Thai Fight in Pattaya, Thailand. At a press conference yesterday in Thailand confirmed that he would indeed participate in Thai Fight in Pattaya, that he would be doing so as Buakaw Banchamek. There was also talk of him possibly fighting under his real name of Sombat Banchamek in the future, but for now he will keep the name "Buakaw" to help promote his upcoming fight.
Buakaw confirmed that he will be staying in Surin, Thailand with his family and that he is content for the time being. For a fighter of his international profile and talent, this is important and one of the best case scenario endings for this whole ordeal. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19