Kickboxing is like MMA in a way, where there are results that are disputed by fans when it comes to close fights. This past weekend's It's Showtime!! event flew under the radar due to falling on the same weekend as the K-1 World Grand Prix, but that doesn't mean that it did not have its share of exciting action. It's Showtime's 70kgs championship was on the line as Murat Direcki defending the title against Chris Ngimbi in the main event. It was a close bout, seeing Ngimbi pulling out the decision victory, but many fans, as well as the announce team, feel that Direcki deserved the nod. Who do you feel won the bout? Direcki is in the blue trunks, Ngimbi in the white.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti