This weekend saw Paul Daley in action after announcing that he had signed with K-1 earlier in the week. Daley was continuing in his quest to fight the best in the world by fighting Miran Fabjan, defintely not a slouch by any standards, in fact, quite a talented guy. He was able to put Fabjan down and out in the second round, although Fabjan admitted after the fight that he was in need of surgery, which he would be delaying until after this fight.
The results below are provided by FFC.
- Dion Starring def. Tomaž Simonič - submission (americana), 1st round, 2:55
- Viktor Halmi def. Primož Vrbinc – TKO, 2nd round, 2:00
- Bor Bratovž def. Giorgi Ivanov - submission 1st round (1:45)
- Ivica Trušćek def. Michael Pfunder – submission, 1st round (3:21)
- Antun Račić def. Zoltan Turi – submission, 1st round (4:45)
- Luka Jelčić def. Krasimir Georgiev - KO (ground n' pound), 1st round (2:20)
- Paul Daley def. Miran Fabjan – KO, 2nd round
- Teo Mikelić def. Mirko Vorkapić - TKO, 1st round
- Denis Chorchyp def. Darian Paladin – unanimous decision
- Samo Petje def. Kevin Hesseling - KO, 1st round
- Elmir Mehić def. Rok Štrucl - KO, 2nd round
- Mladen Kujundžić def. Dženan Poturak - KO , 1st round
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com | @dvewlshWebsite: www.dvewlsh.com