K-1 returned to one of their host cities of the past year in Mallorca, Spain where they hosted The Battle for Spain. The Battle for Spain streamed live around the world for free thanks to an agreement with Australia betting site TopBetta. The event saw many Spanish mainstays in a very fan-friendly event that sent everyone home happy. The main event saw Maximo Saurez defeat Sergio Sanchez in a three-round war, with Suarez announcing post-fight his intentions to fight Buakaw Banchamek soon. It is unclear if this is an official fight or not seeing as though K-1 still has Buakaw vs. Enriko Kehl for the K-1 World MAX Finals on the burner, waiting to simmer.
- Maximo Suarez (R3 - Decision) Sergio Sanchez
- Moises Ruibal (R3 - Decision) Denis Marjanovic
- Mario Agatic (KO) George Colin
- El Medhi (R3 - Decision) Juan Taltavull
- Moises Baute (R3 - Decision) Carmelo Fernández
- Miodrag Olar (R3 - Decision) Dario Ibañez
- Cristian Barrionuevo (TKO) Xavier Flotats
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.