Yes, it is that time. For those outside of the United States, GLORY 15 goes live right now. We'll be running live results throughout the event, so be warned that yes, there will be spoilers for those waiting to watch the event on Spike TV or other tape delayed markets. Don't say that we didn't warn you.
- GLORY SuperFight Series
- Hedsy Gerges (R2 - TKO) Jhnota Diniz
- Mourad Bouzidi (R3 - Decision) Randy Blake
- Filip Verlinden (R3 - Decision) Israel Adesanya
- Jonatan Oliveira (R3 - Decision) Atakan Arslan
- Niclas Larsen (R2 - TKO) Steve Moxon
- Yodkhunpon Sitmonchai (R3 - Decision) Raz Sarkisjan
- GLORY 15 ISTANBUL
- Light Heavyweight Tournament: Gokhan Saki (R1 - TKO) Nathan Corbett - Saki looked pretty good thus far, but honestly we didn't see much of anything here. Saki hit a big left hook that hit Corbett's ear, then Corbett's chest was covered in blood. Either his cauliflower ear exploded or he ruptured an ear drum. Ouch.
- Light Heavyweight Tournament: Tyrone Spong (R3 - Decision) Saulo Cavalari - What a brutal, all-out war. Saulo easily took round one before Spong came back in round two. This fight was incredible, with Saulo showing the world that he should not have been overlooked at all.
- Danyo Ilungo (R1 - KO) Andrei Stoica - This went exactly as planned. Ilunga looked on-point and composed, landed a counter right hand that dropped Stoica who was unable to answer the referee's count.
- Robin van Roosmalen (R3 - Decision) Marat Grigorian - Very good, back-and-forth fight that Robin should feel lucky that he was declared the winner in it. If Marat had more fans this fight would be considered a very controversial decision, but since Robin was the fan favorite, we won't hear much about it.
- Light Heavyweight Tournament Finals: Gokhan Saki (R1 - TKO/Injury) Tyrone Spong - Ugh. Just no words to describe this. Spong was going for an outside leg kick when his shin made contact with Saki's knee early into round one. That was all that she wrote for his shin, which snapped on contact.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- K-1 Japan Holding -57.5kg Tournament For New World Title in November
- Xavier Vigney Out Against Chi Lewis-Parry at GLORY 33 SuperFight Series
- Superstar Actor Idris Elba to Fight in Kickboxing For Reality Series
- Video: Sitthichai and Murthel Groenhart's Victories at Kunlun Fight 50
- Featherweight Tournament Set For GLORY 33