Today in Japan Andy Souwer made his return to the ring after his December bout with appendicitis that left him sidelined and forced to pull out of a few bouts. Souwer has been back at training for a few weeks and took a fight in Japan for the RIKIX "No Kick, No Life" event on February 11th. Souwer fought against Japan's Tsukuru Midorikawa in a bout that went all five rounds, with two of the judges scoring the fight for Midorikawa and one for Souwer.
Outside of some Japanese play-by-play there isn't much about the fight so it's unclear how it really went down, but one would have to say that this is a disappointing start to 2014 for Andy Souwer who maybe returned a bit too quickly after his surgery.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19