The UFC hosted UFC Fight Night Albuquerque tonight on Fox Sports 1 that saw a night full of finishes and a lot of odd occurrences. How odd? Benson Henderson scored his first UFC stoppage since he joined the promotion after the folding of the WEC, picking up a fourth round rear naked choke over Rustam Khabilov after a solid back and forth fight. This puts Benson Henderson back into the hunt for the UFC Lightweight Championship.
In the co-main event Diego Sanchez picked up what was one of the most blatant hometown decisions in UFC history over Ross Pearson that is has to be seen to be believed. There was just no way that Diego won that fight via any metric and honestly those judges should be ashamed of themselves. The event also saw John Dodson pick up a win over John Moraga via doctor stoppage, Rafael Dos Anjos score a TKO over Jason High and a pair of rear naked chokes to open the card with both Bryan Caraway and Piotr Hallmann victorious.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Bellator Signs Keri Anne Melendez to Fight Kickboxing and MMA for Bellator Starting at Dynamite
- Creativity in Kickboxing; or, K-1's Forgotten Formula to Building the Future
- Bellator Announces Dynamite!! September 19th in San Jose with GLORY Participation
- Joe Schilling's Next Fight in Bellator on June 26th
- Tyrone Spong Considers Himself the Bo Jackson of Combat Sports, But GLORY Can't Afford Him