If you were to stop and try to think of who two of the biggest UFC stars would be, I'd like to think that at some point your brain would scan to -- or at least consider -- Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz. That is why a fight between the two of them would be such a big deal. Anderson Silva is still primed for a big return after having his shin shattered at UFC 168 against Chris Weidman and his manager tossed out the name Nick Diaz as a possible opponent.
But would Diaz take the bait? Kind of. According to Ariel Helwani from UFC Tonight last night, Nick Diaz would love to fight Anderson Silva, but he'd want the UFC to pay him accordingly for such a huge fight. Nick Diaz has been "retired" of late, in part due to how things went down against Georges St-Pierre, but also because he wants more money from the UFC and Dana White doesn't seem willing to whip out that fat Zuffa checkbook for him just yet.
For a fight like this, though? I feel like the UFC would be silly not to pay both of these guys a lot of money and hype this as one of the biggest super fights in company history.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Tiffany Van Soest's New Opponent and Complete Cards For GLORY 30 and SuperFight Series
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Bucharest Card and Details on SuperKombat Expo and Gym
- It's W5 Time XXXIII Card From Vienna, Austria on May 21st
- FFC Plans Two Big Shows in the US This June Featuring Kickboxers Mladen Brestovac and Pavel Zhuravlev
- K-1 Japan 65kg World Grand Prix
- Bellator Kickboxing Announce Team Set Heading Into Inaugural Event
- GLORY Announces Jahfarr Wilnis, Anderson Silva and Ismael Londt for GLORY 29 Heavyweight Tournament
- GLORY 28 and SuperFight Series Live Results
- A Look at the Truly SUPER GLORY 28 SuperFight Series
- Saenchai Calling Out Conor McGregor? Sure, Why Not.