So this past Saturday UFC tested their most hardcore of hardcore fans with a Saturday double header. They like to sell these events as not aimed at "everyone," with the Germany event mostly for the European audience and the TUF Brazil 3 Finale mostly for Brazil, but they were still aired here in the United States and still warranted coverage so, well, that whole thing doesn't make sense. It was over twelve hours of fights, with a bulk of that on Fight Pass while the TUF Brazil 3 Finale airing on Fox Sports 2 then Fox Sports 1.
According to Dave Meltzer the TUF Brazil 3 Finale saw 609,000 viewers on Fox Sports 1, which was their lowest number since 2005 on a Saturday night. What was surprising was that the TUF Brazil 3 Finale undercard had somewhat decent ratings, something that we don't usually see at 560,000 viewers.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19
- Muay Thai Legend Jomhod Kiatadisak Set to Compete in MMA at Full Metal Dojo 4
- GLORY Announces GLORY 20 Dubai for April 3rd
- Legacy Kickboxing 1 Fight Card for January 16th
- Former Lumpinee, Rajdamnern WBC, and WPMF Champion Saketdao Petphayathai Joins Evolve MMA
- Joe Schilling Returns to Action Against Robert Thomas at GLORY 19