Social media completely rules our modern lives in awkward and sometimes negative ways. A fighter like Jon Jones would have been a huge star and everyone's favorite in a pre-internet era, but in an age where he can take to Twitter or Instagram and say something stupid, he tends to do exactly that and it only hurts him and everyone around him. His latest little mistake was addressing fans on Instagram in regards to him "ducking" Gustafsson and wanting to fight Cormier instead. He quickly took the video down, but this is the internet and nothing truly goes away.
As for Gustafsson, he wants his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship bout and he wants it now, which prompted him to hit Facebook with a call out of his own.
Jon "Bones" Jones, be a man, be a champ and sign that bout agreement and stop running. Keep in mind that after I beat you and become the champ I might be doing the same to you when you chase me for a rematch, as a revenge for not accepting my challenge.
Sooner or later you will have to face me, just make it sooner!
The fans wants this fight, UFC wants this fight and I want this fight, and I damn deserve it.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Full GLORY 25 Card Shows Featherweight Title Fight, Welterweight Tournament and More
- Card for Venum Victory World Series Panama
- GLORY Posts 283,000 Viewers on Spike TV for GLORY 24
- Dustin Jacoby Proves Himself as a Kickboxer Against Wayne Barrett
- Live Stream Information for GLORY 24 and SuperFight Series
- Singh Jaideep Wins (Loses) Fedor Lottery on New Year's Eve
- Joe Schilling Talks Once Again Chasing Artem Levin for Rubber Match and GLORY 24
- Robin van Roosmalen Reveals More on Upcoming MMA Debut
- Robin van Roosmalen Making MMA Debut in 2016
- Dynamite Concept a Flop - Kickboxing Treated Like MMA's Little Brother