The rematch between Alexander Gustafsson and Jon Jones for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship is supposed to be next up for Jon Jones, but right now Jon Jones is in the middle of contract negotiations with the UFC. Those contract negotiations have led to a bit of a rift between the UFC and Jon Jones at the moment, with Dana White acting frustrated with Jones. Now, let's be honest here, Jon Jones is one of the UFC's real big stars at this point and their Light Heavyweight Champion, the guy should be allowed to negotiate his contract without getting run down in the press.
Daniel Cormier has decided to toss his hat into the ring already, though. He is ready to go and would be willing to fight Alexander Gustafsson for the Interim Light Heavyweight Championship. Sounds crazy, right? Well, knowing the UFC, it might not be. If the UFC wanted to apply pressure to Jones all they'd have to do is imply that he could be replaced and have an Interim title fight.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19
- Muay Thai Legend Jomhod Kiatadisak Set to Compete in MMA at Full Metal Dojo 4
- GLORY Announces GLORY 20 Dubai for April 3rd
- Legacy Kickboxing 1 Fight Card for January 16th
- Former Lumpinee, Rajdamnern WBC, and WPMF Champion Saketdao Petphayathai Joins Evolve MMA
- Joe Schilling Returns to Action Against Robert Thomas at GLORY 19